The WRAPPEX family has been developed on a very flexible design based on the intermittent motion: such choice is dictated by the will to offer an user‐friendly unit wherethe size change‐over is a simple and quick operation. This wrapper is oriented to medium‐size lines where it is necessary to change‐over every few days. The WRAPPEX is suitable to wrap both rectangular and oval bars with or without side band at a speed range from 180 to 240 wpm.
The paper feeding is from reel of Heat Sealing Paper or BOPP (Bi‐Oriented Polypropylene) with the option to use pre‐cut sheets from magazine. The wrapping style isdouble‐point end fold.
• in‐line infeed with rotary suction‐cup group with 8 stations
• two reel holders for outer wrap
• two reel holders for inner stiffener
• servo‐driven infeed of both outer wrap and stiffener
• servo‐driven “two‐directions” print registration system
• indexed upper chain to convey the wrapped bars to the outlet
• outlet suitable for both heat‐sealable paper and BOPP
• PLC based electronic panel
• various additional options are available
We first designed a basic model, simply called WRAPPEX suitable to operate regular toilet soap bars at 200 wpm. Then we introduced different versions.
The WRAPPEX/11 is a slightly reduced version of the basic model , these are the differences:
• maximum speed is 180 wpm
• 4 suction‐cup rotary turret instead of 8
• reciprocating upper “comb” instead of indexed upper chain
• outlet for heat‐sealable paper (BOPP kit on demand)
The WRAPPEX/240 is an improved version of the basic model and can reach more than 240 wpm. While the basic model has one reciprocating plier for taking the outer wrap and positioning it on top of the soap bar (see sketch below), this version takes advantage of multiple pliers assembled on a small indexed chain.